Loving our life together!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Daddy's BDay

Day 7:

"Today is Daddy’s Birthday!!!! # 47

Started off the day at our fantastic hotel with the breakfast buffet. Lots
of American food like omelettes. Such a treat. Then off to the medical clinic for
shots??? And TB test and such. This was a total fiasco, as far as I was concerned. I’ll
never understand why each boy had to have 4 shots. And the medical exams were a
joke. But grace was given and much needed. This was the most stressful part of the
trip for me; I thought it a money making scheme, not a valid medical examination at
all. But we are through with that.
Returned to the hotel; had lunch with the F’s, then Mrs. F invited me to have a
foot massage on Shamien Island. It was a foot as well as arm and back massage.
Excellently done; an hour of pure leisure. God is good. I really needed it after the
morning’s experience.
Went swimming in the cold pool. Then waited on Aunt T to come visit. She
arrived about 8pm and we went to Pizza Hut for an American meal. I never could
understand why all these Americans ate at American places while in China, but now
realize that without the language, if there aren’t pictures it’s hard to order.
Therefore the need to eat where one understands the menu.
I so love my sister and am so glad she is here. Visited for a while after dinner,
then had birthday cake for Daddy. Fun times."

No comments:

Post a Comment